If you've been following me for a while, you know that in addition to my clothing business, I also run another business called LabelHorde which is a directory of fashion for AZ at www.labelhorde.com. I have recently been trying to bring LabelHorde into a physical space where we can provide incubator services to the local fashion industry.
The plan is to create a space that provides....
- Fashion manufacturing training on industrial equipment
- Light manufacturing and sample making/prototyping for local brands
- Sewing, pattern making, sketching, grading/marking, CAD classes
- Tech packs
- Pattern making services
- Grading/marking services
- Fabric sourcing
- Larger manufacturing sourcing
- In house equipment rental (designers can come in and use the machines)
- Meeting space / seminar space
- Fashion show / event space
- Designer studio space
- Photography studio area
- Fashion themed parties
- Kids sewing lessons/camps
How can you help?
Thanks to a long time LabelHorde follower and user who believes in me and LabelHorde, we have some financial support to make this happen finally. She will be providing an interest free loan funding for the start up expenses as well as some valuable guidance on the future of growing LabelHorde into a much bigger entity than I had origianlly planned. I want to make sure we spend modestly so that this venture will be successful for years to come so we are still on a mission to find a donated space for the first 6 months-1 year if possible. We are looking for a building owner who would be willing to donate the space for a limited time just to get us going. The ideal space for LabelHorde will be a large open warehouse or warehouse-like room large enough to fit our 10+ industrial sewing machines, 3 large cutting tables, dress forms, work space, meeting/conference room space and event space.
What’s in it for them?
- They could be responsible for helping to start a mini fashion district and therefore would gain future renters in the spaces surrounding the incubator! We bring along thousands of creative, fashion-loving followers who would be frequenting the space who we will also be training, teaching and incubating. These professionals will then be looking for their own space eventually and ideally could rent the surrounding buildings/spaces.
- They would get the love and appreciation of the entire AZ fashion industry!
- Open to other options....Permanent sponsor? Permanent Advertising space on our newsletter and website? Investment/partnership opportunity? Get creative...we're open to ideas.
If you have any connections, please let us know. We can provide you with some basic information on an About Sheet and even a business plan to share. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the About Sheet. Thank you! We are documenting our journey on the LabelHorde: AZ Fashion Directory and Incubator Group. Feel free to join the group to read what we’ve been up to so far. Just go to Facebook and search "LabelHorde: AZ Fashion Directory and Incubator Group" and request membership to the group.
Thank you for following, supporting and sharing. This has been a dream of mine for 15 years and the time is finally right. I could just use some assistance to finally get it going. =)